Creamy raspberry, orange and vanilla in frothy foam…with all those pastels, it’s no wonder the Meier & Frank department-store chain called this the Summer Girl Soda! According to fourth-generation Frank family-member Gerry Frank, generations of sweet-loving Frank family members pretty much ensured that the soda-fountain creations, and desserts served in the Meier-Frank department store restaurants would be worth coming back for. While the stores, and their restaurants are gone, this signature recipe–a long-time best seller–is worth reviving.
Makes 4 servings
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups chilled club soda (divided)
- 1 cup raspberry sherbet
- 1 cup orange sherbet
- Press raspberries through a sieve over a bowl. Discard seeds. Combine raspberry pulp and sugar. Stir well.
- Divide raspberry mixture evenly among 4 parfait glasses.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp ice cream into each glass; stir well.
- Stir 2 Tbsp of club soda into each glass.
- Spoon 1/4 cup ice cream, 3/8 cup raspberry sherbet and 1/4 cup orange sherbet into each glass; pour 1/4 cup club soda over sherbets. Serve immediately.