Jump to recipe
When you need that summer cool, creamy little something, this cheery sour cream cheesecake will do it! Swirled with a little fruit jam at the top of the batter, and baked in a pecan-graham crust, it’s six-inches of lovely. I like to serve it with fresh berries, mint and a little dollop of cream. Note: For the pecan meal, I go to Guidry Organic Farms.
Berry Swirl Mini Cheesecake
- 2, 6-inch springform pans
- 1 package honey-graham crackers (9 whole crackers) to make 1 cup crushed
- 1 cup pecan meal (I get mine from Guidry Organic Farms)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 16 oz. cream cheese (two 8-ounce chubs) softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla paste (or substitute pure vanilla extract)
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- BERRY SWIRL:
- 2 Tbsp each, seedless raspberry and blackberry jam
- Make crust: In the bowl of a food processor, break up 9 graham crackers. Pulse to grind crackers into a fine powder. Add pecan meal. Pulse again to combine crackers with pecans. Add sugar and melted butter. Pulse again to combine. Spray two, 6-inch springform pans with non-stick vegetable spray; fit the bottom of each pan with a circle of baking parchment. Press the crumb crust up the sides and into the bottom of each pan. Set aside.
- Make filling: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, whip cream cheese with sugar until fluffy. Whisk four large eggs together briefly; add eggs to sugar cheese mixture and whip to incorporate. Add sour and heavy creams, vanilla paste and lemon juice. Whip until smooth and evenly mixed, scraping the mixer bowl to ensure there aren’t any clumps of cream cheese left at the bottom.
- Add swirl: Divide the filling into the two prepared pans. In two small bowls, stir each of the berry jams until very smooth. Dot surface of each cake’s filling with small dollops of jam. Using the tip of a chopstick, pull each dot of jam in different directions to create swirls. Place each cake on a square of aluminum foil to ensure there are no escaping drips from the springform pans. Bake at 325 for 50 to 55 minutes. Turn oven off, open oven and allow cakes to cool on the rack. Refrigerate cakes for 3 full hours. Serve slices of cake topped with fresh berries and a dollop of whipped cream.
© 2023 2017 Copyright